For those of you who don't know, I'm a graphic designer for Blick Art Materials, and I spend the vast majority of my work day with headphones in. In fact most of us in the office do, it's odd, everyone in their little sonic bubbles. Some listen to murder mysteries, others jazz, and another Metallica when it's a particularly rough day. Turn Up Tuesdays I'll give you a window into what I'm listening to to keep my creative juices flowing. Also if you have suggestions leave a note in the comments section, my ears are always craving some soundbites. Stay hungry, friends!
1. "I Will Follow" - Eikon : This song is addictive, it's Hozier meets Atoms for Peace singing soul gospel.
2. "All Our Endless Love" - The bird and the bee ft. Matt Berninger : I would listen to Inara George sing an instruction manual in German, she's that good. Her lofty vocals mixed with The National's Berninger are a beautiful pairing.
3. "Piledriver Waltz" - Alex Turner : The lead singer of Arctic Monkeys wrote a short soundtrack for the movie Submarine, never saw it, but the album EP is amazing. I will take a dreamy Liverpool accent any day. He makes a break up sound so so good.
4. "Islands" - Young the Giant : Just really discovered this band over summer via a music guru friend, I've been writing a story about two characters in turmoil and this song sums them up beautifully.
5. "Sail to the Moon" - Radiohead : First off I'm a big Radiohead fan, they are one of those bands I keep coming back to and continually find something new hidden within the layers. This track just sweeps me away into a dream.